Personal Financial Well-Being
Money is the one thing everyone has encountered in his or her life, but not everyone understands how to use it. In this Personal Financial Well-Being course by Udemy, you will learn how money works, and how to make it work for you.
This Udemy course is created for those who want to be in control of and expand their personal finances. Both basic math and Excel Spreadsheet skills would be helpful in succeeding, but all are welcome in this course.
The ultimate learning goal for this class is to master your personal financial well-being. In doing so, you will also build skills and learn how to:
- Create and manage a budget
- Understand debt, the cost, and how to manage it
- Determine your wealth
- Self-assess your personal income taxes, while following (IRC) tax rules
- Plan for retirement, utilizing savings, social security, and Medicare
- Invest with cash, stock, bonds, and mutual funds
- Understand the more advanced parts of investing including higher-risk scenarios
- Select different types of insurance—personal, homeowner, car—and considering risk and liability
- Understand estate planning along with trusts, wills, gifts, and powers of appointment
The overall course is set up into three parts known as the GAP approach:
- Generating Positive Cash Flow
- Accumulating Wealth,
- and Protecting What you Have.
You will first learn the basics of money including budgets, debts, income tax, and planning your retirement. After, you will move onto methods for creating and keeping your wealth by understanding your wealth, investing it, and continue planning for retirement.
Finally, you will cover the different ways to protect your assets with insurance and estate planning. Through these sections, you will gain the tools and techniques to accrue capital and manage it to remain successful in life.
Personal Financial Well-Being – Summary, Coupon
Each section of the course uses engaging videos modules to present the information. After completing each section, you will be tested on your gained knowledge with a carefully structured quiz. The materials in the sections are straight forward, using visuals to bullet main ideas and recaps to solidify your understanding of the content.
Your instructor, Richard Okumoto, is currently a member of the San Jose State University teaching department with years of experience in finance. With his knowledge and guidance, you will cover all basic personal financial concepts needed in today’s world, so that you can start taking control of the money in your life.