- What skills do you need to start work?
- What courses can get you in the fast lane?
- It runs fast.
- Works in a web browser, no need for a compiler.
- Robust third party add-on support.
- It is executed on the client side.
- Relatively malleable and can be bent to your will.
- Scores of third-party libraries and frameworks.
Design, UX – Apart from that the ability to formulate clear plans and good communication skills are a big plus. Some understanding of design will go a long way as well, making it easier for you to assess UI/UX models. Quite akin to other programming fields, you’d need to be able to work well under pressure and deliver quality results within tight deadlines.
jQuery – Library to simplify client-side scripting of HTML
Angular.js – Structural framework for dynamic web applications. Maintained by Google.
Chart.js – The most popular chart-generation library at the moment. Simply code in the data using the library and watch as elegant charts spruce up your webpage.
This is one of the most comprehensive guides out there (view website). Whether you’re just starting out or are looking to learn more advanced techniques, you’ll find everything perfectly detailed in here. Best of all these resources are freely available to all.
4. Khan Academy Computer Programming Course
5. A Better Way to Learn AngularJS by Thinkster
6. Udemy: Become a Web Developer from Scratch
9. Felix’s Node.js Guide
On the other hand, if you use code to call packages of code to extend the capabilities of your application or to reduce the amount of code you need to write, you are probably working with a library, e.g. JQuery or Riot.js.
Examples of a framework
Frameworks are a set of rules that cannot be bent to your will, they have to already suit your purpose basically. You can’t pick a framework and make it do something that it can’t do. However, libraries can be bent to a certain extent, where you can use them for anything, anywhere. For example a raster decompiling library will decompile raster images in a normal HTML page, an angular web app, or a react application
- Watch and Code
- Team Treehouse
- Learn Code the Hard Way
- Solo Learn