Build Responsive Websites with HTML5, CSS3
Designed with the requirements of beginners, intermediates and experts in mind, this course is packed with practical information and serves the needs of professionals, bloggers and freelancers.
Objectives of this course include the following;
- Learn and understand how to apply CSS3 and HTML5 skills
- Learn how to design, build, and maintain well-structured and responsive pages
- Create modern designs with responsive websites for any compatible screens
- Create powerful websites from scratch
- Learn how to optimize your websites for SEO
Instructor Jonas Schmedtmann starts out with the very basics of HTML5 and CSS3 which makes the course suitable for complete beginners. It’s a step-by-step and also very comprehensive approach to explain basic and complex concepts and techniques of HTML and CSS.
Resources & Projects
You will get complete access to all resources needed to complete this course. This includes access to lecture notes, videos and other graphical materials. Students will also be able to download a copy of the instructor’s e-book “Best Resources for Web Design and Development with HTML5 & CSS3”.
The course strongly focuses on practical projects which is probably one of the reasons why it is listed as one of the best Udemy courses in the web design department. You will complete several assignments which will enable you to code modern and responsive webpages based on HTML5 and CSS3.
7 Steps Learning Strategy
Another interesting feature is the seven step guidelines to design and build a fully functional and optimized website from scratch. You’re guaranteed to finish the course with a ready-to-launch website that will look great on any compatible platform be it tablet, smartphone or computers. The entire code, images and graphical resources needed to perform this task also comes as part of the package.
Optimization & jQuery
Learn to add effects using jQuery and how to also systematically improve the performance of your website to meet the goals of your clients with optimization. In this section, you’ll be introduced to jQuery topics such as building a “sticky” navigation, scrolling to elements and adding animations on scroll. Further topics include performance optimization; site speed, basic search engine rules and setting up and using Google Analytics.
There are some bonuses worth to mention including effective ways to improve your website’s conversion, adding a map to the Omnifood website, using PHP to make our form work and be the first to know about new course launches!
- Study with the best in the industry – The instructor has been building websites close to 10 years.
- There’s more to it than just learning how to code. This is the only course on the market which focuses on both coding and designing, concurrently.
- Get lifetime access to HD quality videos with no monthly subscription.
- Download all the lectures, codes and design assets for the entire project.
- Stay connected with other students and the instructor on the Udemy platform.
Pros and Cons
- The course passes the self-study test and has an excellent structure.
- Designed to develop skills for building world class websites
- Informative and exciting; Instructor is concise and very comprehensive
- Provides a platform that teaches you a strong basis about HTML5 and CSS3.
- It has lots of resources both lecture notes and videos to make your learning experience more valuable.
- Learn to build websites that works stunningly across all compatible devices
- Learn to optimize your website for search engines (SEO) and for good speed performance
- Maybe too much time is spent re-introducing the course content in each video
Build Responsive Websites Course Review – Verdict, Coupon
The course has been carefully designed to make even beginners understand coding and how to build a website using their convenient HTML5/CSS3 7 steps approach.
Intermediates who are looking to put together modern and complete websites will certainly find this course very valuable to further expand their skill set. Students having advanced knowledge maybe able to sharpen/refresh their skills in HTML5 and CSS3 can take this course. However, we recommend to look at the curriculum first or browse other courses available.
If you’re looking to become a professional in this area or looking to improve upon your skills, this course might be a good start to build an online business from scratch. You may also want to check out or review of the best web design courses online.