Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies
|Material:||Textbook, Video, Tests|
|Original Price||$79 with Certificate|
A lot has been said and written about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, unfortunately not always true or objective. If you want to create applications that interact with Bitcoin you definitely need to be able to distinguish between fact and fiction. The Coursera Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies course will provide you with a comprehensive technical foundation on how these technologies actually work.
Your new knowledge will allow you to create secure applications that can interact with the Bitcoin network. You will also be able to use ideas from Bitcoin in your own projects.
The Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies course was designed by the August Princeton University and it is presented by Professor Arvind Narayanan from the Computer Science faculty. Students that have completed this course has rated it 4.6 out of a possible five, which testifies to the quality of the presentations and the content and scope of the material covered during the course.
- You determine the pace at which you learn and master the objectives;
- You will not be penalized if you are unable to complete all the modules straight after each other. If you miss a module, you can simply continue with the course when that module is next presented. You will not lose the credits that you have previously earned;
- You are supplied with all the resources that you need. You will have access to 61 video lectures and a number of supplemental readings. You will also complete four practical assignments and they will be graded, providing you with valuable feedback that will allow you to fully master all the course objectives;
- You have access to a comprehensive support network and you will be able to interact with other students to gain ideas and advice;
- You will receive a widely acknowledged and accredited certificate;
The Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies course is presented over 11 weeks. During each of these weeks you will need to reserve approximately two to four hours of study time. You need to pass all your graded assignments to complete the course successfully and receive your certificate. These are the topics that will be covered:
Week 1 – The basics of cryptographic building blocks. Complete first assignment.
Week 1 – How Bitcoin achieves decentralization.
Week 2 – The mechanics of Bitcoin.
Week 3 – How to store and use Bitcoins. Submit your second assignment.
Week 4 – Bitcoin mining.
Week 5 – Bitcoin and the issue of anonymity.
Week 6 – The interaction between Bitcoin and community, law enforcement and regulation issues. You next assignment is also due this week.
Week 7 – Alternative mining puzzles.
Week 8 – Bitcoin as a platform.
Week 9 – Altcoins and the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
Week 10 – The future of Bitcoin.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Coursera Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies – Princeton University – Conclusion, Coupon
If you want to know why Bitcoin is so special and if you want to know it actually works in practice, then this course is for you. If you wish to create applications that will interact with Bitcoin you must definitely not miss this course. It provides valuable insight into the world of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Related: Best Coursera Courses