7 Speed Reading – Can it help triple your reading speed?
7 Speed Reading (view website) is cloud-based software for desktop and web browsers to learn to read faster. The program is meant for students of all levels and professionals interested in improving their reading pace and efficiency.
Overall, it possesses a lot of features aimed at enhancing your reading speed in 7 minutes every day. These features reduce common reading problems faced by many students and professionals as well. Read our 7 Speed Reading review here.
Learning Goals and Highlights
- Triple your reading speed. Maintain comprehension at high reading speeds.
- Eliminate bad reading habits such as regression and sub-vocalization.
- Enjoy expert tutorials and instructional videos from recognized teachers.
- Step-by-step training based on 7 reading strategies and exercises.
- Use e-books and imported documents to practice. Learn in groups.
- Customize your reading goals and track your progress effectively.
- Commit to only 7 minutes a day to sharpen your reading skills.
7 Speed Reading – 10 Features
Let’s look a bit closer at the most important features that will assist you in improving both your reading speed and comprehension.
1. Seven reading strategies
With a reference to its name, 7 Speed Reading has seven different strategies to eliminate reading habits which are detrimental to the reading process while improving the ease of the entire process. These strategies include:
1. Subvocalization Elimination – Avoid saying the words in your mind while reading.
2. Regression Elimination – This means not going over the text read previously.
3. Information Processing – Enhances your rate of assimilation.
4. Memory – Boosts your ability to recall everything you have read before.
5. Comprehension – Improves comprehension at an increased speed of reading.
6. Fixation Expansion – Assists you in assimilating several words in a text at once.
7. Full Brain Utilization – Use the full capacity of the brain when reading.
2. Set customized goals
Settings – With 7 Speed Reading, you get to choose your desired reading and comprehension goals such as the word per minute target for reading speed and the level of comprehension in percentile. This allows you to train and attain your desired target within you’re a specified time frame.
Compare results – Within the tutor, you can compare your goals with your stats or update your goals at any time during the training. At the end of every reading exercise, a comprehension test is taken to review your performance. You can compare your scores with another user within the program.
3. Learn from the experts – video tutorials
One special feature of 7 Speed Reading (view website) is the use of video tutorials to assist you to train with precision. These visual tutorials are provided by renowned experts such as Kathleen L. Hawkins, Abby Marks Beale, and international trainer Sean M Kelly.
Other experts include Tina Konstant and Kris Madden who happen to have written a very popular book titled Learn to Speed Read. Marie Jager is another expert specialized in the area of ergonomics especially as it concerns reading and the eyes. Visual explanations by these experts make the tool quite appealing.
4. Exercises in 7 Speed Reading
7 Speed Reading provides a series of intro videos explaining different exercises that can strengthen the eye muscles. Within the Power Access Module you will find all the exercises and include:
- Fixation Training
- Eye-Muscle Fitness
- Information Progressing
5. Training activities
Fifteen (15) scientifically designed training activities and games cover all the necessary segments to assist you to train to read more than twice your baseline reading speed and still comprehend much more than in the past.
The whole training activities require little effort when compared to the benefits of the training activities. To achieve your desired goal, simply follow the easy-to-use instructions given during the activities. There are two main training modules:
Step by Step Module – Provides beginners with adequate information to assist them to become better readers.
Advanced Training Module – Provides more informed users with the opportunity to improve on specific areas of their choice.
Activities within the app have about ten levels and students will also need to complete a test at the end of each level to assess your reading speed and level of comprehension.
6. Data and statistics, progress tracking
Speed reading is incomplete without statistics, and 7 Speed Reading EX 2021 seems to be aware of that fact as it helps you track your progress. It also ensures succeeding activities are in line with your needs. Visit their website for more details.
According to tests from the software, the customized activities improve the efficiency and speed of the user by more than 100% while reducing the input of the user by a little more than 200%.
When used for the first time, it measures your average reading speed through a test after which your progress is recorded based on the result of the test. There are two other ways by which the app helps you track your progress:
Reading Performance Monitor – This section shows your overall progress.
Adaptive Usage Monitor – Here your abilities in certain segments are displayed allowing you to identify areas you might be lacking in so you can read more effectively.
7. E-Books & document reader
eBooks – Use any of the 20,477 e-books included for practicing and exercising. The e-books cater for every reading level from third grade to advanced readers. However, don’t expect the world’s top books here, it’s mainly meant for training.
Documents, Files, Wiki – The e-books are tailored for specific ages so you can choose the e-book that matches your reading level. Readers can also access online wiki articles through their account. Users can also import their desired document files into 7 Speed Reading to create own lessons.
Topics – Business, psychology, science and law are some of the top categories within the collection. However, use any wiki article of your choice to practice and increase your knowledge while you exercising at the same time. You may also fast read any of your documents with the built-in speed e-reader function of the program.
8. Five (5) user accounts
7 Speed Reading allows up to 5 users on several computers access to the app with password protection to provide you the privacy you require. It also allows you to learn with other users by sharing reading materials with them.
Also, you can download the program into several computers, and since it automatically saves your progress, you can log out on one and continue on another by storing all your activities in the cloud. However, the cloud option requires internet access.
9. Time management
7 Speed Reading allows you to devote more time to family and other tasks that might require your attention since you spend less time reading. The software requires a 7-minute investment only which is ideal for those who value their time.
This program allows the user to adjust the font and size of the text ensuring you don’t strain your eyes – a common problem reading off a computer screen. The program also comes with an ergonomics section which aims to assist you to get organized for the reading process.
Aside from the font and size of the text, 7SR allows you to adjust the reading rate and the number of lines within every exercise and level. Note that for different exercises, an increase in level doesn’t change the exercise rather the speed and complexity of the exercise increase.
7 Speed Reading – Benefits, Pros & Cons
- The interface of 7 Speed Reading is simple and easy to use.
- The expert video tutorials are one of the app’s biggest benefits and offer high-quality advice from some of the most recognized teachers.
- With the progress tracking monitor of the app, you can observe if you are making progress and what areas you need to improve on.
- Compared to other speed reading courses, the tutor allows synchronizing activities between different devices and browser apps.
- The great group learning allows several users to share the same reading text.
- If you prefer using your own material in training, upload your text for practicing.
- Create up to five users and install it on as many devices as you want. A family or group of five can all have their individual accounts and train separately.
- Benefit from all system and feature updates for up to 3 years with one license.
Good to know
- The backend may take a little longer to load.
- A license is valid for three years. You will need to renew in order to keep using it.
- Some of the e-books in the tutor are rather dull which can be boring to read.
- The cloud option is internet dependent.
- No native iPad app available yet.
- According to some customers, the refund policy may take time to process.
eReflect provides a 12-month return policy if it isn’t what they say it is. Also, you get an extra $50 from the firm above should you find the software of poor quality and below your expectations. These points to the confidence they repose in the course. However, terms and conditions apply as usual.
7 Speed Reading Review 2021 – Verdict
7 Speed Reading – Learn to Read Fast
7 Speed Reading (view website) is a decent reading improvement tutor with an innovative approach and if done with dedication it can be very effective. The customizable features are quite appealing since it allows you to organize your training effectively. Furthermore, having it pay attention to the importance of the eye while reading is commendable. 7 Speed Reading is definitely a good buy when accepting both the benefits and cons it comes with.
Continuous usage of the course enhances your ability to read faster and comprehend more with time. This is bound to be beneficial to students since it improves their overall class performance while assisting them to pass their exams excellently.
Also, professionals looking to give their career a boost might find the program helpful. They can acquire more knowledge which is a highly treasured resource. 7SR also enables the user to read more without feeling strained of having a lot to read.
7 Speed Reading for Schools – EDU
7 Speed Reading has an EDU version which means schools can also use it. This allows the students to work without interference while they shared the same material.
The class also comes across as properly thought-out since it allows the teacher to observe what exactly the students are doing and their individual progress. 7 Speed Reading for schools is compatible with the curriculums in all English speaking countries.
If you like this 7 Speed Reading review please share it on your favorite social network.